Saturday, July 16, 2016

Saturday Night Fun -- Ancestors that I have met in Person

Randy Seaver's assignment he has given us today 


1) Write down which of your ancestors that you have met in person (yes, even if you were too young to remember them).
2) Tell us their names, where they lived, and their relationship to you in a blog post, or in comments to this post, or in comments on Facebook.

Parents

My mother --  Marion Love (1921-1996). She was born in Carnarvon Township, Manitoulin Island, Ontario until she left the area to finish her schooling in Owen Sound. Except for the few months that she worked in Toronto, she lived the rest of her life in Owen Sound or in Derby Township. 

My father -- Harold "Bob" Iles (1916-1990) Except for when he was in the Army, he lived his life in Owen Sound, Ontario and Derby Township.

Maternal Grandparents

My grandmother Love  -- Janet Johnston (1883 - 1958). As far as I know, she lived her whole life on Manitoulin Island.

My grandfather Love -- John Love (1884-1961) As far as I know, he lived his whole life on Manitoulin Island.

Paternal Grandparents

My grandmother Iles -- Emily "Lily" Dudley (1884-1967). She was born in Birmingham, Warwickshire, England and lived in that area until she came to Canada with her husband, daughter and his mother and his siblings. She lived in Derby Township, Grey County and then in various parts of Owen Sound.

My grandfather Iles -- William Iles (1885 - 1964) He was born in Naunton, Gloucestershire, England. Because of the migratory nature of his father's employment, they moved to different localities. I have identified that he would have lived in: Naunton, Gloucestershire area; Bidford, Warwickwickshire; Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire; Cheltenham, Gloucestershire; and Birmingham,Warwickshire area. He came to Canada and he lived in Derby Township, Grey County and then in various parts of Owen Sound.

I have met only six of my ancestors. 

© 2016 Janet Iles Print

2 comments:

  1. Excellent. My link is posted at the original challenge blog. I have met eight

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mary for leaving a comment. I notice that all your ancestors lived in Indiana.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated before being posted. Please no links in your comments. The blog author reserves the right to not post a comment if deemed inappropriate.